Born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, Grenville has been playing the violin since the age of seven. His musical abilities have been nurtured from a young age with continuous recitals and performances that have resulted in his love for the stage and entertaining others. He comes from a musical family, with his mother playing and teaching piano, his father who sings, and two sisters who are professional pianists and accompany Grenville regularly.
Grenville was classically trained under the Royal Conservatory of Music, and was a member of the Hamilton Philharmonic Youth Orchestra. While continuing his musical studies, he also earned an Honours Bachelor of Commerce Degree from McMaster University. Growing up, Grenville was an altar boy for 10 years and part of the disc jockey group, Dynamic Tension. These experiences have contributed to Grenville's sound religious roots and his strong and diverse musical background.
Grenville now resides in Toronto and performs professionally across North America for special events and concerts. His wide repertoire of music, bubbling personality, and love for entertaining others, are just a few reasons that make him a perfect addition to your special event!
"A party without music is like a low-fat potato chip: decidedly unsatisfying and no fun"
- Carley Rooney, 1999
Experience Grenville's versatility. Although he is classically-trained, his repertoire expands to include: Popular Music, Rhythm & Blues, Opera, Contemporary, Easy Listening, Hip Hop, and Rock.
Some of Grenville's appearances include:
- Symphony of Fire (Ontario Place)
- Roy Thomson Hall (Pavlo)
- 100 Huntley Street (CTS Television)
- Bill Clinton's VIP Reception (Hamilton, ON)
- Rich Bride, Poor Bride (Life Network)
- Appearances on CTV, CityTV, CP24, Omni Television, Telelatino and Slice Network
- The Total Wedding Show (Mississauga)
- The Toronto, Hamilton, Niagara Bridal Shows
- Food and Drink Fest
- Ed Mirvish's Birthday Party
- Pop to Opera
- Hamilton Philharmonic Youth Orchestra
- Vaughan Symphony Orchestra
"Violins are a must at a wedding ceremony. They have this quality that's capable of bringing on the tears"
- Mark Stevens, leader, Starlight Orchestra